17 May 2006

complete lack of normalcy

yesterday i realize how truly odd my life is.

first, i emptied my band locker and found not only a mellophone, but piano music, drill sheets showing the female reproductive system, a pair of marching band gloves, a pair of women's dress gloves from the 50s, suspenders, my missing birkenstocks, and authentic japanese clogs that were supposed to be delivered to the costume shop six months ago.

this was further reinforced while i was walking back from pew in the pouring rain wearing flip-flops, cargo pants, and a huge hoodie with the hood pulled halfway over my head, carrying my u.s. army issue duffel bag (the one with the backpack straps) full of clean laundry on my back, clutching my computer draped with a three week old copy of usa today to keep the rain off of it because my computer bag (which i was also carrying) was full of piano music, and getting really odd looks from a guy dressed in khaki shorts, hiking boots, and a crocodile dundee hat (who is he to give weird looks to anybody else - he's dressed for a safari in the australian outback even though he's in the pouring rain in pennsylvania).

both of these instances caused me to stop and think, "laura. you are not normal."

No comments: