02 December 2008

on the second day of christmas...

...one of the 70something matriarchs at my church declared that she is going to start praying that i will "find a man".

you know the type. efficient. no-nonsense. widowed. million grandchildren. makes her opinions clearly known at meetings. runs the kitchen. single-handedly cooks enough turkey to feed the entire congregation at the thanksgiving potluck. in the church every time the doors are open. when she prays, things happen.

one of those. she told me to "go ahead and start planning the wedding shower, because he's on his way".


heaven help me.

2 comments:

Mer said...

I think that "heaven help (you)" is kinda the point. 'Cause when a church lady says she'll pray for rain, you bring and umbrella. Also, when she tells you to eat something because it's good for you, you do that too. At least, you do if you know what's good for you.

At least she's not praying that you'll marry her grandson.

Mer said...

My last word was "tente"

and now, it's "Jockloge."

I think that Jockloge needs a meaning.