28 January 2007

updates

a few updates on recent posts:

1.) the resume

the resume is completed, and i did a bang-up job if i do say so myself. it's been hand delivered to the recruiter by a family friend who has been working there for 20 years, so hopefully i will know something in a week or so.

2.) the dvd

i finally got in touch with the company, who informed me that the item i had ordered had been discontinued in an "oh yeah, i guess we should refund your money" kind of way. makes me wonder if they would have done that had i not been obnoxious. lesson of the day: only order from amazon itself, not other little companies selling things through amazon.

and finally, 3) the recipe-card making

the next day i was at my grandma's house, cutting up a second taste of home and putting the recipes on index cards. my grandma looked at what i was doing, stared at me for a moment, and said, "you know, laura, for $20 you can buy the whole year's worth of recipes in a cookbook".

i wish i thought of these things on my own.

No comments: