06 September 2006

an open letter to my friends

seeing as quite a few of you have tried to communicate with me via facebook, i feel that i should let you know that as of right now, i have no way to access it. i have no internet service at my house, due to either a) my idiot computer or b) the idiot internet service, and facebook is blocked on the school computers. so, if you leave me a message or something, i have no idea what it says.

and, for the record, it's driving me bonkers not knowing what people have posted. i am way too curious for my own good.

1 comment:

-K- said...

you're actually lucky right now, because facebook has gone bonkers. hating it hardcore right now. stalker central galore. so complicated. I just wanna fight it. everyone is joining groups like "we hate the new facebook," "we miss old facebook," or the one I'm in, "mini-feed is creepy."

so just be glad you don't have to be sickened by its CRAZY ways right now.

also...about that question of ever having free time? well...

it's definitely a lot easier for me this year. I feel like I know what I'm doing, and I'm not barely struggling to keep my head above water. but, I'm not floating yet...nor will I be for several years. but yeah, free time is hard to find. right now I have a stack of essays to grade, plus student council stuff to do, and lessons to plan, and I think why is it so much harder to get everything done in the real world than it was in college?

I don't know. but, it will get easier. don't worry. someday we'll be on our way to being those teachers who stroll in a minute before the morning bell and just read the newspaper during their prep periods. although, I'll never be that way...because, I'm always doing something different. and I know you'll never be that way either. which is good. my organization tactics to better manage the room are pretty sweet though I feel. you just really find out what works as you go along. if you ever need ideas (like how to make it easier on yourself when kids are absent. that's the worst because they never make up their work, and you have to go hunt them down, and it's hard to keep track of everyone's schedules!!! let me know...I think I've discovered a sweet plan).