27 August 2008

a brief glimpse into the insanity that is being us (in email form)

27 august 2008
12:27 am
from: laura
to: meredith

My classroom came equipped with a gigantic fiberglass model of the Liberty Bell.

This, in itself, I find pretty cool. Who wouldn't want a big model of the Liberty Bell? A normal person would put it on the filing cabinet and admire it from a reasonable distance. Is this what I did?

No.

I put it on my head. Like a big hat. One of those German helmets with the spike on top. Except it was big enough that the bottom rim of the bell came to my waist, so I essentially looked like a big Kaiser helmet running around on two legs.

I also learned that the inside of the Liberty Bell makes ocean sounds.


27 august 2008
1:53 am
from: meredith
to: laura

Aw... a part of me was hoping it was like the Harry Potter sorting hat, and if you put it on, the disembodied voice of Thomas Jefferson magically told you who to vote for in the next congressional election.

1 comment:

Mer said...

We are magnificent, aren't we?